Instructor: Stephen Lett
Level 1 Meeting Time: Sundays, 11:10 AM - noon
Level 2 Meeting Time: Sundays, 12:10-1:00 PM
Class Location: E.V. Moore Building room 2026
These intensive courses in music theory, analysis, and aural skills are open to all interested students as well as Michigan Youth Ensemble Participants. Topics will include:
- Scales, key signatures, clefs, and basic theory
- Basics of counterpoint and harmony
- Analysis of phrases and simple forms
- September 22, 29; October 6, 13, 20, 27; November 3, 10
- January 19, 26; February 2, 9, 16, 23; March 9, 16
Interested students must complete the MYE online application. Applications are released in January of each year. The $45 non-refundable application fee can be paid online by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover) or mailed as check/money order payable to University of Michigan.
All students who participate in the Musicianship Courses must take a placement test and be placed in either Level 1 or Level 2.
All students who apply in April will receive their admission notification by June 1st. Students who apply in September will be notified in the week after the audition.